Sunday, December 5, 2010

How to Get out of Debt the Government Way

Mainstream economists have said that the government can get itself out of debt by borrowing more money.  That set me to thinking.

Logically, if what the government economists said is true, the more the government borrows, the farther out of debt it will get.  What a capital idea!


What this means, ultimately, is: if the government keeps borrowing more money, at some point, the debt amount will cross the zero point and be paid off.  Then, every dollar borrowed after that becomes an asset instead of a liability.  This is so cool!  I don't know why I didn't think of it first.  I certainly didn't learn this while earning my MBA.


I decided I wanted to get myself out of debt, too.  So, I borrowed more money.


Now, I don't know how it happened but, funny thing, the more I borrowed, the bigger my debt became.  Strange!


When I called up and asked the government economists how this could happen, they said I just don't understand Keynesian economics.  I asked them to explain how it works, but they hung up the phone.  I tried calling again, but the minute they found out that it was I calling, they hung up on me again.


Now, when I call the number, I get a message saying, "the number you have called is no longer in service and there is no new number".


I am desperate.  I really need to know about this.


Can somebody please tell me how the government can borrow money to get out of debt and I can't?  What am I missing?


Is it possible the government economists are incompetent?  I would hate to think they were lying?  Somebody, please..........

No comments: